tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 14 11:53:26 2004

Re: Klingon WOTD: qum (v)

Raik Lorenz ([email protected])

> qIno'rIq wrote:
>
> >Once I made up the word {che'DechqaH}, just for "narrative reasons"
> (nothing
> >that is either ready-written or anywhere published, yet; probably won't
> ever
> >be <g>). Would anybody of you intentionally know what I mean by that
> (Yes, I
> >perfectly know that it's non-canon. but just give it a try, maybe.)? Just
> in
> >order to find that out, I do not mention my intention.
>
> {che'}  "rule, reign, run, preside" (v.)
> {Dech}  "surround" (v.)
> {qaH}   "sir" (n.)
>
> Haven't got a clue.  How about at least giving us the sentence it was used
> in?

Oops. Or rather: (Qu'vatlh!}
{wa'Dich}: There was a (supposedly typical German) typo in my posting: The
original "word" was supposed to be:
{che'Dechqach}
{cha'Dich}: Yes it is lousy syntax, or rather lousy morphology. just so
much: I had the rather wierd idea to make up a v-v-n compound. (maybe the
very very VERY lazy approach. }}:-)  yes: and non-canon...)
{wejDich): I already gave up trying to write that story to an end of some
sense as I had to recognize that I'm everything but proficient enough in
{tlhIngan Hol} as yet (To write a story, one has to think in the target
language, I suppose. As yet, I only translated [or took tries]).
Maybe I'll restart it in a year or two.

Satlho'qa',
qIno'rIq

Back to archive top level