tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 01 10:23:01 2004

Re: models of excellent language use

ja' lay'tel SIvten:
> > we study only the paltry samples of text from Marc
> > Okrand.
> >
> > "Paltry"?  The man has written entire books!
> >
> Not *in* Klingon.

maj. tlhIngan Hol paq tIn qonnISbe'law' ghaH, po'chu'be'mo'.

Believe it or not, many consider that a *good* thing. Marc Okrand is not
exactly fluent in the language he created. He controls it completely, and he
maintains it well, but he doesn't speak it conversationally.

'ach DaH ngoQlIj vIngu'laHbe'. tlhIngan Hol chovnatlhmey Danejchugh, law'bej
chovnatlhmey Datu'bogh.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level