tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 04 16:42:40 2004

Re: QUESTION....

DOOM_er ([email protected])

At 23:23 4-1-2004 +0100, Quvar wrote:
>But I think MO has other stuff to do than just writing books :-)

Well, of course. But what I'm wondering about is, if he would decide to
write a new book, would he be unable/not allowed to if Paramount didn't see
good reason for it?
And we really could use one more book IMHO, there are still many
grammatical things which are unclear (a truckload of new words would be
nice too, but of lesser importance I think), it seems to me the language
isn't entirely 'complete' yet. But it's up to MO of course, I imagine this
entire tlhIngan Hol thing has already became way more than he originally
intended. ;)

>If I'd make a book which contains the sentence {vavwI' vISuch}, then did I
>"reproduce this book or portions thereof" ?
>
>What if I write a complete book only in the Klingon (TM) Language?\

Yeah, it's interesting... are all instances of tlhIngan Hol words
copyrighted?? If you write something in tlhIngan Hol neH, but don't use
"Star Trek" or "Klingon" and the likes anywhere, could you still get sued?
Perhaps somebody with legal knowlegde knows more?
(Not that I intend to do this, I'm speaking hypothetically.)

DOOM_er

Back to archive top level