tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 03 04:21:41 2004

Re: Kolos

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Chr. E wrote:
> Boy, I would love to know what you said below.  Your post really whets
> my appetite for learning Klingon.  Wow, what a long and difficult
> road, though...

Well, it's a real language, not just a trick.

> English, etc., but tlhIngan Hol looks even tougher than German.

And I can tell you: it's waaaaay easier!!

Of course, it's difficult to begin, because everything is different from
what you've seen so far. Linguistically spoken, German is English's sister.

This might be comforting:
In Klingon, there are no articles, no gender, no time-tenses, no cases, no
conjugations of verbs, no capitalization, no inversion, no punctuation, no
exceptions... err, okay, cancel the the latter ;-)
And there are only about 3,000 words to learn, so vocabulary is not that
much.

> Still, I think it would be so cool to discuss qoloS's defense of Archer
> in tlhIngan Hol, which I take it is the subject of your post below.
right.
Actually you can discuss virtually everything in Klingon!

Quvar.