tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 01 23:45:59 2004

Re: Kolos

Christian Einfeldt ([email protected])

On Thursday 01 January 2004 21:02, d'Armond Speers, Ph.D. wrote:
> Christian Einfeldt wrote:
> > Also, I see by a google search that on 12/15/00 Holtej offered
> > "qoloS" as the WOTD, which is some strong evidence of the way that
> > Dr. Okrand's informant would pronounce the name.  Here's the link:

> Unfortunately this isn't the case.  TKW doesn't actually give this
> Klingon spelling for Kolos, and I was in error to render it and
> present it in the KWOTD (at least, without acknowledging that it was
> not an "official" rendition).  I used to be far too careless.

snip...

> All that the previous WOTD post demonstrates is that I thought
> {qoloS} was an appropriate Klingon pronunciation at the time.

I take it then, Holtej, that you have since changed your mind, and that
you now think there is a better way to write Kolos?  If so, what would
that spelling be?  Thank you for your opinion.

qoloS

Back to archive top level