tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 07 00:18:51 2004

Re: participle equivalents in tlhIngan Hol

Lieven L. Litaer (Quvar) ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

jaj 04.02.2004 rep 15:01:00 ghItlh lay'tel SIvten:

>the difference between an active participle (a verb ending in -ing) and a
>passive participle (a verb ending in -ed [or the irregular equivalent thereof])
>is just the position of the -bogh phrase relative to the noun it modifies:

I don't understand all of it, but I think you're right :-)
It looks more like you describe the english translation though, not specifically klingon grammar.

>qetbogh loD
>running man

>Hol chenmoHbogh
>created language

language which "someone" created:
{Hol chenmoHlu'bogh}

Grammatically correct.
I prefer short forms of course: {Hol ngeD}

Hey, english can be confusing to Klingons too:
look at "dancing teacher":

{mI'bogh ghojmoHwI'}
   (teacher who dances)

{mI'wI' ghojmoHwI'}