tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 27 12:16:12 2004

Re: British Klingon (was Re: 'uD vs. 'uD'a'?)

qurgh ([email protected])

ghItlh Steven Boozer <[email protected]>:
> Actually, it would be {wo' tay' ngan} from {wo' tay'} "United
> Kingdom".  Yes, there's actually canon!  In August 1996 Okrand translated a
> few phrases for the British television magazine "Radio Times" including a
> few British phrases:

Wow, I remember that issue... I think my brother got it after I moved to the
states...

> 1. We are U.K. Klingons!
>      wo' tay' tlhInganpu' maH!

<snip>

> 8. Cricket, please.
>      DaH ghew yIQuj.

LOL... Being a Cricket player this one just makes me laugh. Marc's jokes never
stop amazing me. juHDaq ghew luch vIghaj 'ej tlhIngan DIS QujmeyDaq ghew wIQuj.

> 10. What has Lady Di done now?
>      DaH nuq ta'pu' Day joH?

Hegh... heh, jISov.. not very PC of me... jISaHbe' ;)

qurgh

For a free wizage.net web based email address, email me!

Back to archive top level