tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 24 17:37:24 2004

Re: a little bit pregnant?

De'vID jonwI' ([email protected])

QeS lagh:
>The other way around may also be the case, where a ranged possibility may
>be reduced to a binary opposition. This may explain why we have no word for
>"grey" (between {chIS} and {qIj}), no word for "liquid" (between {SubwI'}
>and {SIp}) and (dare I say it) no way to introduce possibility into an
>event: either it's likely or it's not, either it will happen or it won't.
>Perhaps that's the way a Klingon would treat things.

It seems more probable (!) that we don't know the words for
"grey" and "liquid" rather than that words for these concepts
do not exist in Klingon.

For "grey", we can say <chIS 'ej Hurgh> or <qIj 'ej wov>.
For "liquid", <taS> will probably do for most applications.

--
De'vID

MSN Premium: Up to 11 personalized e-mail addresses and 2 months FREE*