tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 22 18:23:00 2004

Re: Doghjey

In a message dated 2004-04-22 9:18:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> As a verb-verb compound (which turns into a noun!), what is
> the subject of the verbs?  Who is being foolish, and who is
> doing the defeating?  I can't quite see this as a verb-verb
> compound, because the two verbs would have different subjects.
>
> --
> De'vID

Doghjey is a noun.  if its components are originally verbs, then it's a
verb-verb compound.  but it's still just a noun.  it has no subjects, because it's
not a verb.
lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level