tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 08 05:05:19 2004

Re: joj usage...

qurgh ([email protected])

ghItlh Regina Reusser <[email protected]>:

> ghItlh qurgh:
> > SuvwI' jojDaq targh jojDaq je jIba'
> > I sit in the area between the warrior and the area between the targh
> > I'm not sure if I like this or not..
> [SuvwI' targh je jojDaq jIba'] 'e' vImaS, 'ach lugh'a' mu'tlheghvam?

'e' vIghel :) That was my orginal question, and currently there appears to be no
answer to it. We *may* be able to have a list of nouns as the second noun in a
noun-noun construction, but we don't know if we can do it in the first space. I
don't see how joj would work without the ability to do it because it obviously
needs a plural to go between... I guess we can't say:

vavwI' SoSwI' je juHDaq jIjaH
I go to my mother's and my father's house

How do we have a possessive that is possessed by more than on person?

Do we have canon for other noun phrases in the first slot? Can we say:

SuvwI' targh Soj vIlegh
I see the Warrior's targh's food

SuvwI' tIn targh mach Soj vIlegh
I see the big Warrior's small targh's food

qurgh

For a free wizage.net web based email address, email me!

Back to archive top level