tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 04 19:44:32 2004

Re: wa'leS as noun

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' SIvten:

>can i say: latlh jaj 'oH wa'leS'e' = tomorrow is another day.
>since leS and Hu' are nouns, then wa'Hu' etc. must be nouns too.  since
>they are nouns, can they be used as subject and object like other nouns?

ghu'vam DelmeH {wa'leS} Dalo'laH 'e' vIHar. <past {qep'a'mey}> 'oSmeH {ben
qep'a'} lo' tlhIngan Hol yejHaD De'wI' Daq. taQlaw' poH DIpmey, 'ach
DIpmeyna' bIHbej. chaq wej <canon> wIghaj, 'ach yIlegh:

I think you can; the KLI website uses {ben qep'a'} to say "past
{qep'a'mey}". Time stamp nouns may behave oddly, but they are true nouns,
with everything that implies. We have no supporting canon that I'm aware of,
but have a look at the address:

/stuff/benqepa.html

Savan.

QeS lagh

Personalise your phone with chart ringtones and polyphonics. Go to
http://ringtones.com.au/ninemsn/control?page=/ninemsn/main.jsp

Back to archive top level