tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 24 07:27:26 2003

Re: Klingon game text

Tyler Fisher ([email protected])

]

> This is a list of ship systems and commands used in
> the game:
>
> joghvam noch      -- Short-range sensors
> chuq'a' noch      -- Long-range sensors
> pu'DaH            -- Phasers
> 'otlhpeng         -- Photon torpedoes
> De'wI             -- Computer console
> pIvghor           -- Warp engines
> qIb HaSta         -- Galactic map
> Quj De' pol       -- Save game
> Quj De' naw'      -- Load saved game
> paj (Qujvam bup)  -- Resign
>
> Is there a better word than naw' ("access") that
> could be used to
> mean "call up existing data and place it in memory"?

I don't think so. And what's so wrong with "access"
anyway?
By the way, I believe that {'otlh peng} was written as
two separate words on BoP. Also, "Computer console"
might be better as {De'wI' SeHlaw}.