tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 17 07:22:09 2003

Re: Difference between {tlheD} and {mej}

ngabwI' wrote:

>What is the difference between the verbs
>{tlheD} and {mej}, both meaning "to leave, depart"?

{tlheD} is from TKD, only "depart"
{mej} from the addendum, "leave, depart"

I know many examples for {mej} but none for {tlheD}

I believe that {tlheD} means *only* "depart", like we know from the airport's departure gate, when you go on a
planned trip. (MO also gave us the opp. {paw} "arrive")
{mej} might be more general, meaning "leave" as "go away"
[e.g. he has "left" the room, but did not "depart"]

{mej 'ach wej tlheD}
"she left, but she isn't gone yet"

Can anyone correct me, if I'm wrong with my interpretation,

Quvar. [mej]

Back to archive top level