tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 14 22:26:55 2003

Re: Klingon - Terminology Databases (IMHO)

Agreed, but I'm a visualist and have an odd sense of humor. Add that to
rampaging pessimism (save in battle), and you get me imagining what would
happen if the entire world were drunk on romuluSngan HIq all at the same
time, and CNN and Comedy Central joined forces to film the re-enactment.
lol

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:20:27 -0500 Alan Anderson <[email protected]>
writes:
> >> but the problem is, the KLI couldn't afford to defend their
> >> position.
>
> ja' qaS ngal-qaS <[email protected]>:
> >I dunno about that point in particular...I've seen some
> non-profit's
> >raise funds pretty quick when their cause was in danger.
>
> mapuS.  Dojbe' mIpmaj.
>
> >I can just
> >imagine a distress signal being sent out to the members, maybe a
> >telethon...the Starfleet and Imperial symbols being cast onto the
> clouds
> >by a giant spotlight. Hundreds of thousands of trekkies, trekkers,
> and
> >trekologists storming the courtroom in full costume.. ;-)
>
> Part of the problem with that image is that I think relatively few
> Trekkies
> would care enough about the language to want to help.  The overlap
> between
> costume fans and language fans is surprisingly -- and
> disappointingly --
> small.
>
> The quantity of warm bodies is rarely a relevant figure of merit in
> a court
> of law.  Anyway, I think people showing up dressed as copyrighted
> characters in significant numbers would be counterproductive.
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!