tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 14 21:57:34 2003

Re: Is the language too bound for its own good? (w

actually, reading editorial in the march HolQeD is what gave me the idea,
and while I approach the subject with humor, I agree it's no laughing
matter...well, maybe just a little. ;-) Besides, I've done it in at least
three other languages, why not klingon too? =D

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:57:02 -0400 "Mark E. Shoulson" <[email protected]>
writes:
> You're laughing at this, but if you would come to a qep'a' you would
> see
> that we have already DONE exactly this, and still do!  We DO go into
>
> restaurants and order in Klingon.  With some help from interpreters
> and
> appropriate hand-gestures, we leave behind servers who know what
> "bIQ"
> means, or "Ha'DIbaH."  This is actual fact; I've been there and done
>
> it.  Don't you go telling me you can't use Klingon in everyday life.
>
> Procrastinating?  I don't see it.
>
> ~mark
>
> qaS ngal-qaS wrote:
>
> >I propose a movement. Let us march to the battlefronts of our local
> >McDonald's, Hardee's, and Wal-Marts! Let us bombard them with the
> >language of warriors! Let us order our Double Whopper in tlhIngan
> Hol,
> >and befuddle the poor tera'nganpu' behind the Burger King counter!
> >jaghpu'ma' DIghIjjaj!

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!