tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 14 18:39:15 2003

Re: Is the language too bound for its own good? (was Re: Klingon- Terminolog...

>> We need to brainstorm ideas on how to get the word out about the language...

ja' DloraH:
>Well, if someone would win the lottery we could afford to advertise our
>qepHommey on TV.  :)

We did get widespread exposure with the Early Show piece on CBS last year.

Unfortunately, there were two big problems with it.  First, the studio
personalities treated it as a joke, missing the point and insulting us
unforgivably.  Worse, they failed to give ANY contact information for the
KLI.  I find myself wondering whether there are people who saw it and
wanted to join but didn't know how.

(Of course, anyone who seriously looks for a group of Klingon speakers will
certainly find the Klingon Language Institute web site.)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level