tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 09 12:18:17 2003

Re: jobs?

----- Original Message -----
From: "qaS ngal-qaS" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 12:55 PM
Subject: jobs?

> chay' *occupation* vIjatlh? As in "What do you do (for a living, at your
> job, etc.)?"

At least one member of the institute ('ISqu') has used this here:

http://kli.org/QQ/QQ0112.html

'ISqu' said:
pIj mughwI' vIDamo' Huch vIbajlaH
Often, because I act as a translator, I can earn money.

Also
Huch vISuqmeH, *occupation* vIDa.
In order to get money, I act as a "whatever".

If you do a particular verb for a living, you can use that.
e.g., I know many people on this list {ghun}, so
Huch vISuqmeH, jIghun.
In order.... , I program (a computer).

Try:
chay' Huch DaSuq/Dabaj?
How do you get/earn money?

bIvumDI', nuq Data'?
When you work, what do you accomplish? (Answer: {pagh}) }}: )

Others will have other suggestions, I'm sure.

--ngabwI'
HovpoH juHDaq:
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/ngabwi/
HovpoH 700264.3