tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 09 12:13:09 2003

Re: jobs?

This was a question I had for a very long time until I saw several people
use the term yaH to refer to the place they worked. I've seen things like:

yaH = duty station

nuqDaq 'oH yaHlIj'e'? Where is your work?
P&GDaq 'oH yaHwIj'e' - I work at Procter and Gamble

Then you can go on to explain what you do their. Unfortunatly we don't
have a lot of specfic words for jobs, like in English, but normally you
can describe your occupation.

EG: yaHwIjDaq ghunwI' jIH 'ej De'wI'mey vIloH.
    At my work I am a programmer  and I administer computers.

I do network admin and programming for my occupation.

Hope that helps a little.

qurgh

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, qaS ngal-qaS wrote:

> chay' *occupation* vIjatlh? As in "What do you do (for a living, at your
> job, etc.)?"

Back to archive top level