tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 17 03:41:06 2003

Re: peqIm: Unsubscribe requests

Philip Newton ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:02:09 +0100, Lieven L. Litaer (Quvar)
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I already did the klingon explanation, but here's *my* english
> translation
> DIlaDnISqu'choHmoHlaHlaw'taH
> "apparently we really need to constantly be able to cause them to
> start to read."

That's not the same as the Klingon explanation, though, since here you
say "we really need", but in the Klingon explanation you build up from
{laDnISchoH chaH} "they need to begin to read", so the need is on their
side.

> >So your translation is a valid translation, as is mine.
>
> Good! There are always many translations for one phrase, especially
> with "too many" suffixes.

jIQochbe'bej.

Philip

Back to archive top level