tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 12 16:15:10 2003

Re: [Fwd: Re: ghoboQ]

Christian Einfeldt ([email protected])

On Thursday 11 December 2003 20:19, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:
> On 12/11/03 22:57, G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
> >On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 22:30, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:
> >>He says he's willing to work on the project a little.
> >>
> >>He tried to join the mailing list right away, but the spam filter
> >> is interfering.
> >
> >I didn't notice a bounce because of any filtering but rather that
> > the list is private. I assume this new person "tlhIngan Hol
> > pabpInpu'" <[email protected]> He may have gotten bounced
> > because I was enhancing my sendmail configuration and was off the
> > air for about 15 minutes. If you would like him on the team,
> > please have him try again. I do have a few prerequisites: no html,
> > no cursing in English, and your system should not be in a dnsbl.
> >
> >May I take it that you, personally, approve this person? If yes,
> > then I shall approve immediately.
>
> Alan Anderson may be the ideal person for this project.  He's headed
> localization projects for us before and pulled things together well.

Yes, Alan Anderson is a great catch!  Just in the short while that I've
been watching the [email protected] list, I can tell that he is a
great contributor.  As I recall, he has contributed heavily to the
translation of the Tao Te Ching, among other things.  So I am really
happy to have him aboard.

snip...

> The [email protected] alias (not even a mailing list) includes
> basically the elite of the Klingon speakers.  These are folks who
> have held the position of Grammarian or Beginners' Grammarian (it's
> a long story) on the main Klingon mailing list, and thus generally
> are among the cream of the crop when it comes to speaking Klingon
> (they are not *all* the best speakers, but they are all among the
> best speakers, if you follow me).  It wasn't like I was spouting
> this to all and sundry (yet); this was a private announcement to a
> small select group.  The call to the unwashed masses on the main
> Klingon mailing list comes later.

Mark, this sounds like a marvelous way of building excitement for the
project.  Thank you soooo much for thinking of it!

Christian Einfeldt.

Back to archive top level