tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 04 16:14:15 2003

Re: Klingon WOTD: tem (v)

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Steven Boozer wrote:
> Le Nguyen Xuan Dien wrote:
> >deny: that means you disagree from some suggestions !
>
> Not quite.  It means you disagree from an *accusation*.  E.g.:
>
>    qapumchugh, pumwIj DatemlaH pagh DachIDlaH.
>    If I accuse you, you can either deny or admit my accusation.
>
> For suggestions we have {Qoch} "disagree" vs. {Qochbe'} "agree".

I think I blew past any analysis of {tem}...  But was there mention of
"deny" in the context of "disallow" or "keep from"?  As in, "He was denied
legal counsel"?

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
    "We must become the change we want to see" -- Mahatma Gandhi

Back to archive top level