tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 21 07:53:24 2003

Re: Grammar question re:tlheD

I don't think /tlheD/ has been used in canon.  The two most obvious possible
answers are

1. /tlheD/ may take the location being departed as its object, as in /yuQ
wItlheD/ "We departed the planet."

2. /tlheD/ does not take an object.  Thus, /yuQvo' matlheD/.

Regarding possibility 1, and keeping in mind Okrand's interview in HolQeD
7:4 where he describes verbs of motion, it would be conceivable, I think
likely, that the object could also take the /-vo'/ "from" suffix: /yuQvo'
wItlheD/.

SuStel
Stardate 3637.3