tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 11 07:35:29 2003

Re: jIrIQ' ach 'oy' vISIQ

Lawrence Schoen ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

ghItlh DloraH:
>> rInDI' qep'a' juHwIjDaq jIpaw.

>The destination that one is arriving at is the direct object of
>/paw/ (with or without -Daq).  The indirect object in the header
>with -Daq is the medium in/on which the one is moving.
>
>DujwIjDaq Qo'noS vIpaw.
>I arrived at Kronos via my ship.

bIlughbej.

This is the best description and example of this sort of thing that I have ever seen. I would offer up a replacement proverb for my error, but doubtless the prefix swap was pain-induced.

- Lawrence

Back to archive top level