tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 30 12:29:21 2002

Re: Translation request- KLBC

>> mangHom!  SeymoHbogh De'vam'e' 'ej/qoj Dajbogh 'ej/qoj ghojmoHbogh pelaD.
>> Without visiting the sites I don't know which is more appropriate, /'ej/
>> or /qoj/.

> I looked up 'ej and qoj.    I see they mean 'and'  &    and/or.
> I suppose {je} could not be used because it only joins nouns, correct?
>
> If there is a way of saying 'also' or 'as well as' ?  That would work as
> I believe that is more what 'and' means in the case of these English
> sentences.
>
> some of these fun as well as exciting sites.   (or)
> some of these exciting also interesting also educational sites

OK, so we'll drop the qoj.
You are right that je is for joining nouns.  But when je follows a verb it
means "also".

SeymoHbogh De'vam'e' 'ej Dajbogh je 'ej ghojmoHbogh je pelaD.
"Read this data which is exciting and also interesting and also educational."

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level