tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 30 05:59:33 1998

Re: Ke'Plak

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 16:24:02 -0700 (PDT) TPO
<[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Can I point to MO instead?  (May 98)
> >
> >My. That's informative. Care to expand on that a little?
>
> Memorial Day weekend, Praxis Con, Hiddenvalley PA
>
> One of the questions I asked MO was can we use QOA (question as object); how
> do we handle relative pronouns.
>
> Questions can not be used as objects in a SAO construction.
> It is NOT known yet if the words can be used as relative pronouns, or if
> there are relative pronouns.
> For now just play it save and translate a different way (multiple sentances).
>

> And yes, I posted this when I returned from the con.

Fine. That doesn't mean that everyone will remember that every
time you say "MO (May '98)". When you wish to refer to something
that is not a part of published canon that most of us possess,
it is probably worth the effort to explicitly describe the
source instead of making a vague footnote. It's been four
months. I've slept since then and there's no place I can go to
look up "MO (May '98)" the way I can look up "TKD 6.2.3, p63-64".

You've had that experience. It is vivid and extraordinary for
you. Meanwhile, for the rest of us it is one more description
amid a more than 6 year stream of written descriptions of
details about the language. Share with us that which we are not
likely to remember.

> DloraH

charghwI'

Back to archive top level