tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 21 19:23:24 1998

Re: ja'chuq explained (was: chetvI' yIHuvmoH)

Did I miss something? I don't remember {ja'chuq} getting
explained. I remember {lo'laH} being explained, but not
{ja'chuq}. Please enlighten me.

charghwI' 'utlh.

On Sat, 19 Sep 1998 10:20:40 -0700 (PDT) Alan Anderson
<[email protected]> wrote:

> ja' charghwI':
> >> So {ja'chuq} *is* a simple verb with a suffix, and not a fancier verb
> >> that just looks that way...
> >
> >I'll add to this that so far as I know, Okrand has confirmed
> >(at one of the qep'a'mey, I believe) only ONE case of what
> >appears to possibly be a verb plus suffix actually being a
> >separate verb root:  lo'laH.
>
> I think that in the message where he said this, he also promised to say
> something later about {ja'chuq}.  He apparently never has done that, but
> the description in TKD seems adequate to me.
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level