tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 18 20:52:03 1998

Re: How do I say...

ja' staze <[email protected]>:
>ah, but I always thought that there was no punctuation in klingon...

There indeed is no punctuation used for the Klingon text presented in
The Klingon Dictionary.  However, the Fleer/Skybox trading cards have
always had punctuation (in both the greeked pseudo-pIqaD and the text
in Romanized spelling), and the book The Klingon Way gives us Klingon
phrases with punctuation exactly as we would use them in English.  So
go ahead and put in periods, commas, semicolons, and even exclamation
points.  We're representing a spoken language using symbols available
on our computer keyboards, and punctuation can help convey intonation
and pauses.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level