tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 13 13:29:40 1998

Re: KIDC on KLI

> In a message dated 98-09-11 21:15:36 EDT, Jonathan Thomas writes:
>
> <<
>  i agree.we should defend KLI's honor.as what
>  the KLI says about  KLI,i say we should do something like boycott them
>  or post positive
>  messages on KLI or something.for revenge
>  is a dish best serve cold.for those who are with me,li wish you Qalpa'.
>                                    Jonathan Thomas >>

I've read the Delphi posts - and though the main individual complaining
seems rather extreme.... I'd say:

	* sure - post positive stuff about the KLI on the Delphi forum
		but spare the negative stuff.  To an extent she is right,
		this group can be harsh and negative.  Don't reinforce
		the image of whining Klingon nerds.

	* Consider how the negative image of the KLI is (at times)
		merited.  This is a grand silly game, but not worth
		the vitriol that can be spilled by people showing off
		or defending their interpretation of a synthetic language.

There is delight and joy in learning tlhIngan Hol - share it in a spirit
of fun;  I've tried to stay to that course and through my web pages have
had no end of interesting opportunities to share tlhIngan - from providing
text to a baker in Devonshire (for a boys's birthday cake) to giving a
translation to a tatoo artist -  it is great fun!  Keep it that way!

   joel anderson * http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon * [email protected]
 **mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'**
     **Depart from evil, and do good; Seek peace, and pursue it**

Back to archive top level