tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 08 08:46:31 1998

RE: KLBC - chetvI' yIHuvmoH

KLBC - chetvI' yIHuvmoH!

ja' pagh:
> <chon> is a noun. The verb you want is <wam>.

QI'yaH!  vISov!

reH Qapqu'jaj chonmeyraj.

> >not nISwI' tIH vIQeqHa' jIH'e'! jeghlaHpa' jaghla'
> >bong may'DujDaj Qaw' 'Iv?
> >"It is *I* who has never mis-aimed a disruptor beam! Who
> >accidentally destroyed the enemy commander's battle cruiser
> >before he could surrender?"

> Small typo: <jagh la'>. I also suspect you wanted <ra'wI'> for commander.
> See the KGT section on military ranks for the distinction.

TKD page 64
ja'chuqmeH rojHom neH jaghla' "The enemy commander wishes a truce (in order)
to confer."

TKD page 65
jaghla' "enemy commander"

I wondered when I was looking through the dictionary if these two examples
were typos.  Especially since /jaghla'/ as a single word was not in the
dictionary section.  But the same typo twice?  Is this really an
acknowledged mistake?

<tera'Daq leng wa'DIchwIj> 'ay' wa'
lut qon tuv'el, pach puqloD

jogh wa'Daq tera' tu'lu'.  Human juHqo' 'oH.  tera' Huj law' qIbDaq Hoch
qo'mey Huj puS.  tera' mach law' Qo'noS mach puS.  vaj jIHvaD tera' tlham
tISlaw'.  <San veranSISqo'> vengDaq jIpawDI' QapmeH mev mughwI'wIj.  Do'
jIQuptaHvIS DIvI' Hol vIHaD.  jIghung; qagh vIrur.  vaj tera' Soj qub jabmeH
Qe' vInej.  <'Italyan> Soj pongbogh Humanpu' vay' vItlhob 'ach
tlhorghHa'qu'.  vutwI' quv vIlegh 'e' vIpoQ 'ej jIjatlh <Sojvam jISoplaHbe',
jIHvaD vay' jej yIqem!>  muyajHa'mo' jIHvaD pIpyuS pach qem.  mabpa'meyDaq
jIpawDI' qagh vISuq 'e' vInID 'ach qagh Qop neH vIHevlaH.  tera'
vISuchqa'chugh tlhIngan leng Soj law' vIqembej!

"My first voyage to Earth" part I
story composed by Tuv'el, son of Claw

Earth is found in the alpha quadrant.  It is the homeworld of Humans.  Earth
is the strangest world in the galaxy.  Earth is smaller than Kronos, so
Earth's gravity seemed light to me.  When I arrived in the city of "San
Francisco" my translator stopped working.  Luckily, I studied <English>
while I was young.  I was as hungry as gagh, so I looked for a restaurant
that served Earth cuisine.  I requested something Humans called "Italian"
food, but it was very bland.  I demanded to see the head cook and I said, "I
cannot eat this food.  Bring me something sharp!"  Because he misunderstood
me, he brought me pipius claws.  When I arrived at the hotel, I tried to
order gagh, but I received only dead gagh.  If I visit Earth again, I will
certainly bring a lot of Klingon food to go!

- tuv'el

Back to archive top level