tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 28 16:16:15 1998

RE: Death to the opposition

ter'eSvaD jang Qov:

> > Isn't there a word for "opponent"?  I don' have my TKD with me, but
> > I think it's /qoch/.
>
> ghol?

<ghol> is "opponent"
<qoch> is "partner"

I've always wondered about <ghol>. The definition - "opponent, adversary" -
seems to mean almost the same thing as <jagh>, but less personal. Opponents
fight against each other (in whatever context is appropriate), but don't
necessarily have ill feelings toward each other. Enemies hate each other. I
wonder what this all means in the context of Klingon culture.

pagh

Back to archive top level