tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 27 04:38:16 1998

KLBC (Halloween 2)

tera'Daq, qaSDI' tera' DIS wa'maH jaj wejmaH wa', yupma' lulop tera'nganpu'.
<Halloween> lupong.
taQ yupma'vam tIghmey.
jech'egh tera'ngan puqpu'.
lojmItlIj lughoS 'ej lumup.
DapoSmoHDI' vaj jach "trick or treat!".
SoHvaD vImugh.
OH <nobHom junobQo'chugh vaj  pIbechmoH.  yIwIv!>'e'.
yuch luneHlaw'.
yuch DanobQo'chugh vaj juHlIj luQIH.
tIghvam lutIvqu' tera'nganpu' nen.
mISmoH Human tIghmey, qar'a'?

I included your date sentence, but hav a question about it.  If I understand
it correctly, you are saying "in the Terran year, the 10th month, 31st day..."
then shouldn't the word <jar> be included?  Something like this:
<...tera' DIS *jar* wa'maH jaj wejmaH wa'...>.

Whether the steps were clear or not, I thought writing them out was good
practice.

My take on "trick or treat" was inspired by something charghwI' wrote about
"coffe or tea" being offered in a restaurant.
I thought of a "treat" as a "small gift", then used my chocolate sentence
to explain what kind of gift they want.

SIHwI'

Back to archive top level