tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 19 15:51:17 1998

RE: KLBC - toQDujHom

lab SIHwI':

> toQDujHom wIchenmoHta' puqpu'wI' jIH 'ej.
> (my children and I have built a miniture Bird-of-Prey,
> i.e., a scale model)

The last conjunction should be <je>, not <'ej>, but other than that, majQa'.
I rather like this usage of <-Hom>.

> nabmaj wIcher.
> (we created our own plans)

I am not sure <cher> really works here. It might be OK, but it sounds weird
to me. I would suggest something like <mIwmaj wInab> instead.

> Sor Hap mep baS 'ej DIlo'.
> (We used wood, platic and metal)

<je> again. I would also suggest using commas here - <Sor Hap, mep, baS je
DIlo'>.

> IH oH.
> (It looks good)

Spelling - don't forget the <'> at the beginning of <'IH> and <'oH>. <'> is
a full fledged letter in Klingon, just as important as <ng> or <H>.

> Hem maH.
> (We are proud)

You need a prefix on the verb - <maHem>. After you add the prefix, the
pronoun <maH> becomes redundant, so you can remove it.

> I had trouble finding a way to describe a scale model, replica,
> miniature, etc.

I actually think <toQDujHom> works well.

> I also wanted to say we built it from "scratch",
> but was at a loss. Any suggestions?

mataghDI' tlhol Hoch'e' wIlo'bogh.
chenmoHlu'pu'bogh 'ay'mey wIlo'be'.

pagh