tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 18 09:02:17 1998

Re: Eye On The Ball

> The other problem is a line in TKD stating that a type 7 suffix
cannot be
> used on the same verb with <-jaj>. Okrand himself has violated this rule at
> least once (with <tlhIngan wo' DevtaHjaj ghawran>, I believe), but it is
> still a rule we must follow. In any case, the <-taH> is not really necessary
> here, although it would enhance the meaning if it were allowed.

My main inspiration for using /-taH/ and /-jaj/ together was the recent From
 the Grammarianian Desk (HolQeD vol 7, Num 2), dealing with the
issue of fully suffixed verbs.

> Despite some minor problems, this was an excellent recasting.

Thanks, hopefully my tlhIngan Hol has improved some since Qov
shredded some of my posts a few months ago. <g> Taught me
quite a bit...

Kreth

Back to archive top level