tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 16 13:16:58 1998

Re: Klingon Language in the media

Okay, I've managed to confuse people with my recent posting.  Let me
be more clear.

*I* was not featured in MuscleMag International.  Anyone who has met
me knows that I'm a bit too skinny for that kind of thing.

I recently received e-mail from a KLI member named Pillow (that's her
name, she's a bodybuilder and  exotic dancer).  SHE said:

-- begin quote --
"Also i wanted to mention how mortified I was to read a blurb in
December's MuscleMag International (p 256) stating I was an AUTHORITY
on Klingon language. Egads, I said no such thing! I guess the mundanes
assumed such as I was ATTEMPTING to translate the lyrics of the show
our group was forced to dance to by the choreographer from hell ..."
-- end quote--

I've since looked at the magazine on the newsstand.  (It's pink and
white and is apparently sime sort of swimsuit edition, if you're
looking for it). The part on Pillow was a one-liner in a "news from
all over" kind of article.  I didn't buy the magazine.

It seems that a reporter encountering a bodybuilder who has enough
mental muscle to be trying to translate Spice Girls lyrics into an
alien tongue while posing and dancing was impressed enough to call her
an authority.

toH.  petaH.
==
Qov - pab 'utlh