tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 14 22:10:22 1998

Re: KLBC - QInvam yIlaD! QInvam yIlaD!

ja' [email protected]:
>In the cases of {lI' QInvam} and {mebqoq}, I couldn't find words that better
>suited it. For {lI' QInvam}, I couldn't find the verb "important" in TKD or
>KGT. Is there such a word in Klingon?

Remember to look in TKD's addendum.  That's where "be important" appears.
You'll eventually want to copy the entire lexicon into one place to make
the job easier.  As a side effect, you will end up writing each word at
least once, which will help you to remember the existence of certain words.

>Also, for {mebqoq}, I was looking for
>the word "member", but all I came up with was "guest".

In many contexts, {muvpu'wI'} or {muvta'wI'} "one who has joined" works.
But in many other contexts, the verb {muv} is at least as appropriate for
getting the idea across.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level