tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 14 19:59:07 1998

Re: RE: KLBC - tera'Daq lengwIj wa'DIch

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Boozer <[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
Date: Wednesday, September 30, 1998 12:25 PM
Subject: Re: RE: KLBC - tera'Daq lengwIj wa'DIch

>Another possibility is {jen}, which occurs only in this slang law'/puS
variant:

>   tlhIngan yoH jen verengan yoH 'eS = tlhIngan yoH 'eS verengan yoH jen
>   The Klingon is braver than the Ferengi (slang) KGT
>
>Note that {jen} "be high" is contrasted with {'eS} "be low".  These are the
>only examples given of both these words, however, so we don't know whether
>{jen} can also used for people ("be tall"?) as is the case in many
languages.

Argh!  I can clearly remember a time when I was pleased to hear of something
explicit from Okrand which proved that {jen} could NOT refer to the tallness
of a person.  But I CAN'T remember the source!  Erg!

I seem to remember Qov having something to do with this conversation.

SuStel
Stardate 98784.9

Back to archive top level