tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 13 23:24:06 1998

Klingon Language in the media

For those of you who track mention of tlhIngan Hol in the press, here's an
unusual sighting.  This is excerpted from e-mail I received: I've not seen
the article myself.

The writer struggled *very* honourably to understand a unilingual Qov at the
Las Vegas event (the event, by the way, appears to be called merely "Klingon
Feast", although two years ago it was called something like "The Festival of
Qot Bo'val").

"Also i wanted to mention how mortified I was to read a blurb in
December's MuscleMag International  (p 256) stating I was an AUTHORITY
on Klingon language. Egads, I said no such thing! I guess the mundanes
assumed such as I was ATTEMPTING to translate the lyrics of the show our
group was forced to dance to by the choreographer from hell ..."

She's probably her state's foremost authority on Klingon. :)

Qov     [email protected]
Now on ICQ: 12235599

Back to archive top level