tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 29 13:24:17 1998

Re: juvmeH mu'

According to Andeen, Eric:

> juvmeH mu' vIlo' 'e' vIqeqmeH 'ej jISIm 'e' vIqeqmeH, veQ ngaSwI' SuDqu'
> vIqel.
>
> wa' vI' vagh 'uj Saw'. cha' 'uj juch. loS 'uj 'aD. beQchu'be' Dopmey;
> loQ moQ rur. loSvatlh tlho'ren muq. chImtaHvIS, wa' cheb ngI'. vItebmeH
> bIQ vIlo'chugh, wa'vatlh SochmaH Soch cheb ngI'. 'ughqu'; Do' bIQ 'ugh
> law' veQ 'ugh puS.
>
> SImmeH ghaytan HochvaD lI' De'vam:
>
> 1.0 'uj ^3 ~= 42.9 tlho'ren.

qar'a'? A cubic 'uj would be slightly larger than a cubic foot,
which seems like a lot less than 42.9 tlho'ren, given that a
tho'ren is somewhere near a quart/liter in size. I could
believe 4.29, but 42.9?

> 0.44 cheb ngI' 1.0 tlho'ren bIQ.

bIqarqu'law'. maj. Let's see... A pint's a pound the world
around and a cheb is about 5 pounds and a tho'ren is around a
quart, which is around two pounds, which is around 0.44 x 5...

I respect pagh's math skills far beyond my own. But 42.9?

> pagh
>
> p.s. I encourage anyone who wants to learn a particular set of
> vocabulary to write a silly little message like this. The mini unit
> conversion table is optional.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level