tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 29 13:22:45 1998

Re: (KLBC) Question

[Oops.  Let's try sending this *after* I've finished writing it!]

: I found an apparent typo in my copy of TKD.  On page 48 it says the verb
: "to study" is <Hagh>, however, in the dictionary part it says this word
: means "to laugh" and that <HaD> is the verb "to study".  Which is right?

{HaD} is "study", {Hagh} is "laugh".

The post-TKD material (less the published glossary in KGT) is also available
at Will Martin's list "Klingon Words Not in The Klingon Dictionary" (with
page references) maintained by the Klingon Language Institute at
/kli/newwords.html.  It also includes (I believe) typos of
this nature.

: I also found the word for dragon in KGT, it is <lung>.  Couldn't find
: the word for wolf so I guess I will just have to call myself <lung> for
: now.

That's because the wolf is a Terran animal.  There are plenty of other words
for a variety of Klingon animals, not all of which we can identify however.
If you like, I can go through my notes and make a quick list for you.

: lung
: a.k.a. dragonwolf

Steven Boozer   University of Chicago Library   [email protected]

Back to archive top level