tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 26 11:50:30 1998

Re: tlhIngan mu'mey

According to Jimmyr17:

> I have so far compiled a list of 3,322 words for the Klingon Language.
> wejSaD wejvatlh cha'maH cha' mu'mey ghaj tlhIngan Hol.
>
> Anyone have a higher count?
>
> tu'wI'

Counting words becomes arbitrary, since some entries are just
roots with suffixes (like {ghojmoH} which is only there because
Okrand wanted to make it easier for us to look up "teach"),
proper names Okrand has used, proper names Okrand has never
used, etc. Then there are issues like, do you count multiple
listings of the same word if it has multiple English
definitions? You have somehow collected more than 1,000 words
more than I have, though I suspect my word list is as complete
as yours.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level