tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 24 20:51:11 1998

Re: KLBC: Sajatlh

At 07:44 PM 5/24/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Sajatlh.
>qInSaD 'oH pongwIj'e'.   qaStaHvIS jar law', tlhIngan Hol vIHaD.
>wa'Hu ram, jInejpu':
>muHIv tlhIngan Hol mu'mey.  vISuv 'ej vIchop 'ach jIDoy'choH.
>jIbupqangchoHDI', nargh qeylIS.  qInSaD! yImevQo'! SuvtaH! jatlh qeylIS.
>jIyajbe'.  nuq 'oH qInSaD'e' vIjatlh.  qInSaD SoH jang qeylIS.  vaj
>jIvempu'.
>
>pongwIj 'oH qInSaD'e'.
>
>My name is qInSaD.  I have been studying Klingon for several months.
>Last night, I had a dream:
>Klingon words were attacking me.  I fought and bit them, but I grew
>tired.  When I was ready to quit, Kahless appeared.  He said:"qInSaD!
>Don't stop! Fight on!"  I didn't understand.  "What's a kinshod?", I
>asked.  "You are qInSaD," Kahless replied. Then I woke up.
>
>qInSaD is my name.
>
>(I know the word QIn, but this is qInSaD.  I have no idea what it means
>or how I would spell it in English.)

qu'!!!  qeylIS DaleghDI', HoSghajqu' wanI'.  batlh bIHeghbej.  SoHvaD
pongna'lIj nobta' qeylIS.  yIlaj!!

Rough translation

Yikes!  It is a powerfull vision you have had.  Your place among the
honored did is definitely secure!  Kahless has given you your true name.
Accept it!

SuSvaj

>Please correct my mistakes.

Back to archive top level