tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 17 07:35:52 1998

Re: A Matter of Honor

ghItlh voragh
>Novelist Friedman may have had the first (1985) edition of TKD which only
>lists "honor" (n) {batlh} in the English-Klingon vocabulary.  "Honor" (n)
>{quv} was added to the 2nd (1992) edition -- along with the verbs "honor"
>{quv} and "be honored" {quvmoH}.  Or, like many people, perhaps he forgot
>to check the Addendum when looking up the word.

But remember, he doesn't go about things like a Klingon studier.  Let's
call it a mistake and leave it at that... doesn't that make us all content
enough?

>OTOH, Worf may have simply been wrong in the novel.  He was raised from
>childhood among Humans after all.  Just how good is Worf's Klingon?  Or
>B'Elanna or K'Ehleyr too, come to think of it.  I wonder if any of them
>have a Terran accent?  That would explain Dorn and Dawson's pronunciation
>on The Klingon Way audiocassette.  ;-)

Personally, I think it reaches the point of the ridiculous to try to make a
backfit for this type of thing.

Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level