tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 12 11:54:32 1998

Re: KLBC parmaqay

 Sei gegruesst, Qov!

>}batlh chonobbej parmaqaylI''e' choSuDta'mo'
>"You do give me honour your very lover because you have gambled me."
I did not mean to say that.
>You've used {-lI'} "your" instead of my and put the word "be
>blue/green/yellow" or "gamble" into the sentence for no readily discernable
>reason.  I suspect you may have been trying to extract the word "be" from
>the definition of "be blue" in order to say "you are."  It definitely
>doesn't work that way.
mu'HaqwI' says that SuD does mean: take (a chance)

>}Maybe I should devide it into two sentences?
Qochbe'
>It really needs to be two quite simple phrases.  "You are my lover" and "you
Qoch
You may be grammatically correct, but your sentence has not the same
"heart"
I am targeting at.
I am not talking about just love. I talk about parmaq!   ;-))
(Means I dont want to miss that word..)
>do honour to me" linked with a causitive.
HIja'
vItaHqa'

choquvmoH parmqaylI' jIHmo'

>I think you used the {-'e'} suffix above in an attempt to copy another to-be
>structure, but you could use it for meaning here:
No I mistake it to make parmaqay as the sentences topic.

>bangwI''e' SoHmo' choquvmoH - "You honour me because you are my *lover*."
>If that's what you meant.
No, sorry.
What I mean is: "You do honor to me by choosing me as parmaqay."

Somehow we will get on it...

lot'Har

Back to archive top level