tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 11 19:39:05 1998

Re: betleH (KLBC but also a ? for everyone)

At 11:26 98-05-11 -0700, jemIy wrote:
}tera'Daq betleHna' vIje'laH'a'.   betleHqoq vIneHbe'.

Is it possible for me to buy a genuine betleH on Earth?  I don't want a
so-called betleH.

Might be better on that sentence to say {betleH ngeb} rather than
{betleHqoq}.  You almost need to have a particular sort of weapon that you
don't want to grace with the word betleH.  Like {betleHqoq lIngbogh matlh
vIneHbe'}  "I don't want the so-called betleH matlh produces."

}nuqDaq vItu'laH'a'.

When you use a question word, don't also use the yes/no questioner {-'a'}.
vISamlaH - I can find it.
vISamlaH'a' - Can I find it?
nuqDaq vISamlaH - Where can I find it?

For the object of a search, {Sam} is a better tranlation of find.  The word
{tu'} is find, observe, as in "one finds it unseasonably hot this year," not
"I have to find a betleH."

}DarSeq 'ar neH'a'.

Same comment on question words.  Also, what is the subject of this sentence?

DarSeq 'ar neH ngevwI' - how much does the vendor want?

}(a non literal translation for those (like me :) too buy or lazy to
}translate :)
}
}I'm looking to buy a Batleth.  I want one that's made ouf of good quality
}steel;  one that's not going break if i'm not careful with it.  Does anyone
}know where i can find one, or how much it will cost?

Qov     [email protected]
Now on ICQ: 12235599

Back to archive top level