tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 11 19:39:05 1998

Re: KLBC: Re: mach 'ach Hach

At 13:27 98-05-11 -0700, HovqIj wrote:

}> }> <jImuS 'ej jImuSHa'. <qatlh?> chaq bIghel.
}> }>  vISovbe'. 'ach qaStaH 'e' vItu' 'ej jIbechqu'.>
}>
}> I would have written chaq bIghel <qatlh>, because the way to write speech
}> (lets assume ghel is a verb of saying, it might not be) is to put the
}> attributed or quoted speech immediately before ot immediately after the verb
}> of saying.  We don't know anything about intervening adverbs.
}
}As SuStel has already pointed out, the rules state that the _sentences_ are put
}together. Thus I put the <qatlh> first because this was the order of the
original
}text.

Sulugh.  Hagh qoHpu' neH HeghtaHvIS SuvwI'pu'.

Qov     [email protected]
Now on ICQ: 12235599

Back to archive top level