tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 09 16:09:14 1998

Another short story... KLBC

From : David Baxter ([email protected])
Notes : None

I thought I'd write another one!
P.S. This is only a first draft, as I have not had time to edit it. Also, I am having some technical problems with my PC, so there may be more errors than there should be (!)

----

Plot : A Klingon has been found badly injured on a planet close to DS9. After being picked up by a passing toQDuj (Bird of Prey), and taken to DS9, the following scenes occur.

Location : Infirmary/ropyaH

Two Klingons walk on. Doctor Bashir walks over.

DB : "Ok. What happened?"
Klingon 1 : lunaDHa' yejquv. niDHoHghaH (He was discommended. He tried to kill himself)
DB : "Jadzia! What are they saying?
JD : nuqneH. chy
K1 : lunaDHa' yejquv. niDHoHghaH (He was discommended. He tried to kill himself)
JD : He's been discommended. He tried to kill himself.
DB : Oh. I'm finished.
JD : Durln (He is finished)
K2 : Maj. jI'oj. nuqDaq 'oH Qe' QaQ'e' (Good. I am thirsty. Where is a good restaurant?)
JD (Pointing outside) : Quarks.

Location : Quarks

The Klingons walk upto the bar. There are two other Klingons present.

K2 (loudly) : jI'oj. chom (I am thirsty. Bartender!)

The other Klingons approach. They have heard of his discommendation.

K3 : toH (Aha!)
K1 : nuqneH (What do you want?)
K3 : QI'yaH (Insult : *#@$)
K3 : Sughaj naDHa'ghach. tlhlH batlhbe' (You have been discommended. You have no honour.)
K4 : veQDuj 'oH Dujllj'e' (Your ship is a garbage scow)
K1 : mutoy' majQa' (It serves me well)
K2 : naDevvo' yIghos (Go away)

Quark comes over

Q : Can I help you?
K1 : Bloodwine
K2 : Bloodwine

Later, on their Bird of Prey...

K at Navigation : chay' jura' (What are your orders?)
K1 : cherHe pagh cha'Hut wajavlos (Set course 029 164) (I can't find the word for 'mark')
K2 : Hong. chu' (Impulse power. Engage)
K1 : So'wI' yIchu' (Engaging the cloaking device)

----
[End]

Qapla'
David Baxter