tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 08 13:59:48 1998

Re: tlhIngan maH (was KLBC)

According to TPO:

> >> When Kahless the Unforgettable,
> >> who united the Klingon Empire, was cloned years later, the replica retained
> >> the ancient Klingon attitudes.
> >
> >Oooooooo. Qatlh.
> >
> >tlhIngan wo' chenmoHmo' qeylIS'e' lIjlaHbe' vay'. Heghpu'qu'DI'
> >porghDaj chenqa'moHlu'DI', tlhIngan tIghmey tIQ qawchu'
> >qeylISqoqvam.
>
> hmm, that first sentence... Because Kahless created the Empire.
> Why is the -mo' on there?
> Or is it the [.] period that I should question?

Well, the period *I* see is after {vay'}. You apparently think
{lIjlaHbe'} has a {-bogh} on it, but it doesn't. It doesn't
say, "Because Kahless, the unforgetable, created the Empire."
It says, "Kahless is unforgetable because he created the
Empire." See?

I did it this way because trying to tie qeylIS to THREE clauses
was just a little too much. He created the Empire, one cannot
forget him and whatever the next sentence said. All these were
packed into one English sentence, so I split them out, as
Klingon nearly requires you to do.

> DloraH

charghwI'

Back to archive top level