tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 05 07:52:14 1998

Re: SoS Goose KLBC

: >> qeyvaq lIngta' Sop targhHomvam (This little piggy had roast beef.)
: >> "qeyvaq lIngta'" seemed the closest to roast beef; not too
: >> extravagant, not too common.
:
: You've got me on qeyvaq.  I know {lIngta'} is an animal, so I'll assume
: {qeyvaq} is a noun or a personal name after which a method of preparation is
: named, and that you gor this from somewhere in KGT beyond the point where I
: tired of indexing.  I know I'll be flamed if I'm wrong.
:
: Qov     [email protected]

bIlughchu':

{lIngta'}  type of animal, lingta KGT [Hunted especially in the Mek'rovak
region of Qo'noS, a leg of lingta is part of local courtship rituals (DS9:
"Looking for Par'Mach..."). "If the meat is somewhat older, a common
preparation technique is to {HaH} (marinate) it in any of a wide variety of
concoctions containing {'Iw} (blood) and/or {vIychorgh} (sap) as a base,
along with assorted animal parts... for example, {voDleH lIngta'} (emperor's
lingta)." (KGT 90f)]

{qeyvaq}  Kayvak (PN) KGT (somewhere in the food section I think; my KGT is
at home).

Voragh

Back to archive top level