tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 02 22:34:26 1998

SoS Goose KLBC

My wife plays this game with our son.  He likes it a lot.  I was hoping to get
 him interested in the Klingon version.

Daqveng tlhong targhHomvam
DaqjuH ratlh targhHomvam
qeyvaq lIngta' Sop targhHomvam
pagh Sop targhHomvam
DaqjuH ghoSta'vIS <wee> <wee> SaQ targhHomvam

Daqveng tlhong targhHomvam  (This little piggy went to market.)
I decided to forgo “targhoyHomvam”; it seemed too much.  I realize that,
 “going to market” has some ambiguity to it in English(selling or being sold);
 I chose to ignore that.

DaqjuH ratlh targhHomvam  (This little piggy stayed home.)
Pretty straight forward.

qeyvaq lIngta' Sop targhHomvam  (This little piggy had roast beef.)
“qeyvaq lIngta'” seemed the closest to roast beef; not too extravagant, not
 too common.

pagh Sop targhHomvam  (This little piggy had none.)
Am I using “pagh” correctly?

DaqjuH ghoSta'vIS <wee> <wee> SaQ targhHomvam
(This little piggy cried, “wee wee”, all the way home.)
OK, TKD is not too clear on relative clauses; “While going home.”, would not
 be sentence in English, but it would be in Klingon?  I have a alternative,if
 the first is incorrect;

“DaqjuH ghoSta' targhHomvam ‘ej <wee> <wee> SaQ targhHomvam.”,

It seems to me that awhile ago there was talk of Klingon onomatopoeia on the
 list; so there might be a Klingon “<wee> <wee>” equivalent but I couldn’t find
 it.

Back to archive top level