tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 29 20:35:23 1998

Re: KLBC - attempt at translation, v 1.1

ghItlh Qov:

>If putting in the pronoun adds or emphasizes information you want
>added or emphasized, put it in. If it adds nothing and no emphasis is
>wanted, leave it out.

The rule of thumb I've followed that seems to have been successful is this -
if you can leave a word out or rephrase more concisely, and the sentence is
still clear, yIruch! Economy of words is not a prerequisite for good
Klingon, but it is a trait I see in the writing of the best Klingon-users on
the list.

Exs. Dochvam 'oH nuq'e' vs. Dochvam nuq
SISlu' or SIS 'oH vs. SIS (actually, MO apparantly has confirmed that SIS is
appropriate)

But be sure your sentences are complete and clear. "Klingons may be
inaccurate, but they are never approximate!"

Qermaq

Back to archive top level